Information and Communication Technology
The Information and Communication Technology(ICT) Unit work to ensure that the ICT infrastructure and capacity are utilized effectively and are in alignment with the TFNC’s strategic objectives.
The objectives of ICT Unit are:
- To provide expertise and services on application of ICT to the Centre.
- To improve and strengthen ICT operations and services for internal and external stakeholders’ satisfaction.
The Unit perform the following activities:-
- Ensure ICT hardware and software are well maintained;
- Establish and coordinate use of electronic mail communications on LAN and WAN;
- Coordinate the designing implementation and maintaining web-based applications of the Centre's;
- Provide support on procurement based on ICT software and hardware in the Institute;
- Administer information systems, database, and development of network infrastructure.
- Carryout studies and propose areas of using ICT as an instrument to improve service delivery to the whole Institute;
- Perform and assess risks management and control pertaining to ICT infrastructure and management information system; and
- Ensure the implementation of ICT systems and operations according to e-Government policy;